Saturday 5 April 2008

What's that sound?

I woke up early today as usual, and was thinking of taking some pictures in campus since flowers has bloomed for spring. Not too long later, there was Big Bang going on. No, not the science stuff, but the Korean rap group Big Bang music was blasting from speakers. First thing that came to my mind was some new electrical store open for business, which it very common to see loud music and dancing girls. Later, as I found out, it was Busan Inter-varsity Games just right across International House where I stay.

Intervarsity Games

Well, the picture above clearly states that, and the team with baby blue T as shown above is none other than DSU team. There are a couple of university like Silla University, Busan National University, Dongeui University and so on, each with their own colour.

There are a lot of cheering, slogan hollering, picture taking among friends (not too much focus on the game though). Some event brought along drums and almost every team had inflatable noise-making air plastic. If you look closely on the picture above, you can see they actually prepare cheat sheet or cheat board for the cheering and slogan shouting. You have to check out the text.

Cheat Sheet

The board on the right, is actually for getting guys attention, since it is an all-girl contingent. The title is 남친소, not too sure what 소 is but 남친 means boyfriend. The content roughly translated as: I want to have a boyfriend, with sporty figure, dark tanned face, who fights like a tiger, who will love me warmly. It's that guy! It's that guy! Whom which I like~ Whhhhooooo, there goes my goosebumps!

But what is more important than getting a boyfriend or a girlfriend? It's none other than the refreshment, which I think is the most important element, and something that I only look forward to during sports and games event. I did not find out which university was it, but the following picture clearly shows it must be well stocked and the priority is the same as the cheat sheet next to it.

No comments: