Sunday 13 April 2008

Food Experiment - 豆腐花

There are so many things you would probably craving or miss from back home when you are in a foreign country. Limited range of ingredients can be a problem, like my margarine experience. So, today, after numerous hours of coding of Naïve Bayes Classifier, I finally felt like getting out of the room, and left it idle for some hours.

So, what I did is, I decided to make my own 豆腐花, given that inspiration from one of my English tutoring student suggesting 순두부 as 豆腐花, which is a type of soft tofu used as cooking ingredient. So, what the heck, just give it a try. I bought a pack of sugar and one tube of 순두부.

With some boiling water & sugar, and a few minutes later, the syrup was ready to be added directly to the 순두부. The result? Have a look:

The tofu had similar taste, even right after opening the package, you can smell the aroma of soybean easily. Great! After adding in the syrup, it's done. First time in Korea I had my 豆腐花. The only drawback was that, since it was put at the refrigerated food section, it was slightly cold. But if anyone of you who like it cold, probably you might find it all right. It was rather tasty and a big bowl for only ₩650 (sans sugar pricing).

So people, you know how to get your own 豆腐花 here in Korea now!

No comments: