Sunday 9 March 2008

My Version of Busan Subway Map

I have wanted to do this for quite sometimes now, finally, I have completed my first version of Busan subway map. After reading and seeing a few versions of subway map, including from travel guide books, commercial and non-commercial alike, it just wasn't right for me. So I've decided to come out with my own version instead.

Instead of doing a graphic image, I decided to do a vector version using Visio, so that I can export it in various form and edit it easily if there is any mistake or changes. My version is inspired by London Tube Map, which I think is one of the best underground map ever.

I have several objectives on my version of subway map :

  • All station names will have Korean, Hanja (if any) and English, instead of either one as found in most maps. If possible, do not shorten station name.
  • All station names will be printed horizontally from left to right to ease reading. No reading sideways or head turning.
  • Future stations will be shown in map with clear indication.

This is my first draft, so if you have any suggestion or found any error, please drop me an email. I might do some touch up and adding a legend to the map later. Anyone interested to have a PDF version, please contact me as well, since I can't upload PDF download to blogger. I understand how frustrating it is not to be able to download a clear subway map, especially one that is suitable to print.

2 comments:

AWildBard said...

Nice job! Thank You. Will you include Busan-Gimhae light rail line when it is complete next year?

heeyuan said...

You can check out my other post, featuring Busan-Gimhae LRT http://heeyuan.blogspot.com/2008/07/busan-transit-map-v3.html . I may come up with another version as the line 3 extension has now been called line 4 instead.