Thursday 21 February 2008

Palace & Museum

I just love to visit museums, palaces, fortresses and so on. Some might not be top highlights on travel brochure, some might hardly make it on the brochure. I have done 4 out of 5 palaces in Seoul. Too bad that I missed one on my previous trip, and maybe I will complete my fifth in near future. So where did I go? I'll show entrance ticket as proof.

Gyeongbok Palace Changdeok Palance Changgyeong Palace Unhyeong Palace

Entrance fees for these palaces are rather reasonable, except probably for Changdeok Palance, which you must really plan ahead, as the entrance fee and time varies depending on which section of the palace you want to go and when are you going. Confused? Guided tour is cheaper than self tour. Go figure. In order to help minimise any reader from this surprise, you can refer to the following picture taken at the counter for reference.

Regular Tour Schedule Special Tour Schedule Self Guided Tour Schedule

There are other palaces scattered around Korea, some of them are free, like the palace in Jeonju (전주 全州). Jeonju is really a nice place, and has nice bibimbap as well. The fortress gate nearby is open to public and you can go up as well. I'm not too sure whether they still allowed that now, after the incident of Sungnyemun.

Also, I have visited a couple of museums in Korea as well. Seoul National Museum is ok, since it is at the capital, but I think the best museum in Korea so far is Jinju Museum, which I think is rather cool that it is inside an old fortress. Gyeongju Museum is not too bad as well. So here's some of the museum I have visited.

Jeju Museum Ticket Gyeongju Museum National Museum, Seoul Jinju Musuem Jinju Fortress

No comments: